OptiAdministrator

The Optical Vision Site

The Optical Vision Site, LLC is the new, upbeat and innovative optical blog that is rapidly becoming the ultimate resource for all things optical. We are providing lots of information to inspire, inform and encourage you and your associates to compete in the optical workplace. The Optical Vision Site features daily tips and unique content. Whether you are an Independent retailer, doctor, optician, sales rep, optical vendor or anything else related to optical we hope you will find something to inform, inspire or even amuse you.

We are obsessed with the Optical Industry and everything related to making it more fun, exciting and appealing to you, and hopefully that translates to your patients and potential patients.

We listen to you, our optical industry friends, associates and the ECP’s, about their needs and incorporate these into our blog. We have a sales and marketing slant because that is our experience. We don’t pretend to be the experts but we do help our users find information and resources to become more expert themselves.

We cover many subjects such as:

* Optical Education

* Business Knowledge

* Information Technology

* Marketing

* Managed Care

* Retail Strategies

* Product Knowledge

* Sales Skills

* Merchandising Enhancement Programs

* Quick Resource Links, National and International

This site is new – it has a long way to go and your participation will take us on that road of discovery as we invite you to share the ride!

Please make a comment, contact us, send us an article and we will respond as fast as we can. You are very important to us and your feedback is welcome.

For more information about The Optical Vision Site, LLC you can email theopticalvisionsite (at) gmail (dot) com. Subscription is FREE and you can unsubscribe at anytime.

Who We Are

cathy-and-shirley1-300x191.gifCathy Ives and Shirley Platzer-Stocks

Shirley Platzer-Stocks, SPS Associates

SPS Associates was founded in 1997 by Shirley Platzer-Stocks, MBA – a marketing executive with brand and marketing experience in both ophthalmic and consumer products. Shirley Platzer-Stocks is well known in the optical industry and has served on several national optical boards and committees, including The Vision Council and Optical Women’s Association (OWA). She has an extensive client list from many optical retailers, large and small, optical suppliers and other vision related operations. Before starting her own company in 1997 Ms. Platzer-Stocks was executive Vice President for Sales, Marketing and Distribution at Signet Armorlite, California.

Cathy Ives

I have been in the optical industry for over 30 years, starting with grinding lenses in a lab! My primary background is in sales, management and marketing and public speaking (I am an ABO certified speaker) . In my pre-blogging life, I worked for Signet (now Hoya), Marchon, Neostyle and Vision West in Sales and Management capacities. For many years, I have been active in providing business, sales and retail strategies for the Optical Professional believing that basic business and retail knowledge will be some of the keys to success to compete in today’s marketplace.

For more information about The Optical Vision Site, LLC visit www.theopticalvisionsite.com.

Subscription is FREE and you can unsubscribe at anytime.

www.opticalvisionsite.com