optigirl

truimph edger

Does anyone know if the shim and wavey washer that go into the left side of the chuck driving gears could cause lenses to turn 90 degrees off if they are defective or missing? I'm using a Triumph Edger.

Thanks

Thanks for your help....so....the nightmare continues.....

I replaced the wavey washer....and replaced the missing shim.....replaced all the bearings that I know of both on the right and the left side of the sink. So what now? The only other thing I could think of that I haven't replaced yet is the boards or the software.....what do you think?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luv ya....mean it

Thanks for your help....so....the nightmare continues.....

I replaced the wavey washer....and replaced the missing shim.....replaced all the bearings that I know of both on the right and the left side of the sink.  So what now?  The only other thing I could think of that I haven't replaced yet is the boards or the software.....what do you think?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luv ya....mean it

143[/snapback]

Are you sure the c-clip that holds the bearing on the right side {behind the rotation belt} is still there and good? Also, inside the housing on the right side where the brass gear for chucking is, just behind that {where the rotation shaft goes thru the aluminum there is a bearing and a seal. Both are pressed pretty tightly but you can get them out with with a little elbow grease and a lot of swearing. If not, is the right side shaft rotating off sync with the left? Is rotation sensor on the left side starting to wear?

Sorry it's taken me this long to get back on here, working 60 hours a week is killin me...but I'm still having the same problems...going on 3 weeks now.....Ok....so get this...I replaced the rotation shaft twice on the left side because I thought maybe the gears were messed up when we started running it without the shim.......and checked the rest the alumn. c clip that goes round the shaft by the belt was fairly easily moved.....so I tightened the set screw on it...but it did the same thing..(didn't help).... ok but heres the weird part.......we had the same edger brought from another store and it does the same thing as the other one!!....So now I'm thinking maybe it's something else. Do you think it could be the software or the tracer? Oh yeah...and I already replaced the power board... I know I have to be missing something and it's probably something really really stupid

Thanks again for your help....

re you sure the c-clip that holds the bearing on the right side {behind the rotation belt} is still there and good? Also, inside the housing on the right side where the brass gear for chucking is, just behind that {where the rotation shaft goes thru the aluminum there is a bearing and a seal. Both are pressed pretty tightly but you can get them out with with a little elbow grease and a lot of swearing. If not, is the right side shaft rotating off sync with the left? Is rotation sensor on the left side starting to wear?

149[/snapback]

How is that edger doing OptiGirl???

187[/snapback]

Finally got the edger working with alot of help :Bucktooth:

Although I'm still having to recalibrate several times a day just to keep it on axis. It slowly changes by like 5 degrees then if not recalibrated it changes by up to 20 degrees.....weird! Thanks for your help!

Now onto other problems...lol.....my generator keeps giving me a V32 error.....I blew out the motor thinking it maybe getting hot...but it didn't help...I'm thinking it has something to do with the power supply or poss. the motor is going...what do you think?.... It's an SGX....

Thanks

Optigirl

Finally got the edger working with alot of help  :Bucktooth:

Although I'm still having to recalibrate several times a day just to keep it on axis.  It slowly changes by like 5 degrees then if not recalibrated it changes by up to 20 degrees.....weird!  Thanks for your help!

Now onto other problems...lol.....my generator keeps giving me a V32 error.....I blew out the motor thinking it maybe getting hot...but it didn't help...I'm thinking it has something to do with the power supply or poss. the motor is going...what do you think?.... It's an SGX....

Thanks

Optigirl

269[/snapback]

First of all, when exactly do you get the error? Watch the cycle and determine when the error occurs. v32 can be a number of things but usually it is when the y or z is attempting to move and there is resistance due to dirty slides or something. The dirt and debris makes the y or z motor work to hard resulting in the error. The sgx is a great machine if it is properly cleaned and maintained DAILY. You also may have bad bearings on those slides, again caused by debris. Give me a call and i can give you more details.

First of all, when exactly do you get the error? Watch the cycle and determine when the error occurs. v32 can be a number of things but usually it is when the y or z  is attempting to move and there is resistance due to dirty slides or something. The dirt and debris makes the y or z motor work to hard resulting in the error. The sgx is a great machine if it is properly cleaned and maintained DAILY. You also may have bad bearings on those slides, again caused by debris. Give me a call and i can give you more details.

270[/snapback]

275[/snapback]

You were right as usual!! It was the Y motor that was bad...had to replace it. Now it's working! Thanks again and again and again!!!

You were right as usual!!  It was the Y motor that was bad...had to replace it.  Now it's working!  Thanks again and again and again!!!

277[/snapback]

:wub:

OptiTone is "The Man" when it comes to fixing stuff. He gave me lots of great advise and saved me lots of $$$.

THANK YOU AGAIN :D