Sign in to follow this  
Acktoria

Ultraoptics coater problem

Almost Every time i coat a lens, I get a small circle in the middle of the lens. Sometimes it is about 2mm wide, other times it is only about 1/2mm wide. It almost looks like it is etched into the lens.

I just bought this coater from another website and it worked great for about a week. I have no warrantee and the person i bought it from will not return my emails.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!!

It is possible that since you just received this machine and you are missing a centering pin or the plastic centration part located in the hole of the swing arm. "dont know the real name"

I believe that circle you describe is actually a small area with no coating on it. In theory when the arm swings across to the coater bowl it has to be perfectly centered over the coating nozzel. if there is any play in the arm you will get the circle.

Send me a private message with your contact info and i will give you a call.

Thank you so much!!!! You were exactly right. It was so nice to talk too you and you are so gracious. I nearly paid someone $150 an hour to fix it for me. After speaking with you, i did it myself in about 30 seconds for free.

i AM IN DEBT TOO YOU........Thank you so much and I thank Optiforum for this service!!!