Scott T.

How many opticians are out there ?

There seems to be a lot more guests than members here. The spam blockers for joining this forum are pretty strong so you will only see opticians and doctors here.

I am an optician and I browse here almost daily. Its a nice forum that is growing and no bickering is a big plus.

Thanks. I'm glad that this forum is here. I have been in the optical industry for 11 years. I got ABOC in 2001.I work @ Dillingham Optical in Monroe,La.

What is your optical story ?

Hello and Welcome Scott,

Yes we are a bit slow but we are considering some serious advertising very soon. Welcome and spread the word to your friends. We need opticians who care about the industry to make this place more active.

:hysterical: :hysterical: I'm so glad to be part of this discussion because I have wondered that myself. I've been in the optical business since Feb. of '89 and I have been thinking we are a dying breed or that I am nothing more than a dinosaur.

Hi I'm a new kid on the block... I own my own optical shop and I'm getting ready to expand my business to have a finish lab. I've checked prices with my labs and a few suppliers for stock lenses and holy cow these people are crazy! Does anybody out there know where or how I can contact a supllier who doesn't want my first born as payment. Remember i'm just the little guy and I need the little guy price. Thanks for any help anyone can give me. :unsure:

New question on this thead. How long did it take for you to get ABO certified ?

Sorry it took me so long to reply. From the time i took the test it was about 6weeks. However they gave us a number to call after two weeks that would give us a pass or fail raiting. keep in mind I took the exam in 1994, so things may be different now.

Hi I'm a new kid on the block... I own my own optical shop and I'm getting ready to expand my business to have a finish lab. I've checked prices with my labs and a few suppliers for stock lenses and holy cow these people are crazy! Does anybody out there know where or how I can contact a supllier who doesn't want my first born as payment. Remember i'm just the little guy and I need the little guy price. Thanks for any help anyone can give me. :unsure:

Hi there! I have been a retail optical owner for 17 years now (started when I was 12) LOL and I have some sources.

I have found that LBI eyewear has some great prices on their own brands of lenses. Also, US Optical is currently offering

some excellent prices and a "rebate" of sorts on volume. I was a little gal, now I'm probably considered a medium sized gal.

Just make sure that the quality is there, no matter which lab you choose. Your reputation will dictate your future business...

GOOD LUCK!!!

MARILYN