Sign in to follow this  
C. Kent

TRANSITIONS OPTICAL APPOINTS BRETT CRAIG AS PRESIDENT

PINELLAS PARK, Fla., Dec. 4, 2007 – Transitions Optical, Inc. announced today that Brett Craig will assume the responsibility of President, effective January 1, 2008. In this role, Craig, who is currently acting as Chief Operating Officer, will drive Transitions’ business strategies, including strengthening partnerships with Transitions’ customers, to meet ongoing growth objectives.

“Obviously the role of president is one of great responsibility and great opportunity,” said Rick Elias, current President, Transitions, who will assume the role of Chief Executive Officer.

“Throughout the past months as acting COO, Brett has built solid relationships with employees and partners alike, making his move to this role a natural one. As CEO, I will focus my efforts on aligning with key customers globally toward mutual, strategic growth.”

Craig was named Chief Operating Officer in June 2006. He joined Transitions in July 1999 as Managing Director, Asia Pacific, and then moved to Managing Director, EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa), where he played a key role in positioning the EMEA businesses for continued growth. He holds a bachelor of science in economics from the University of Wisconsin and a master of business administration from the Cox School of Business – Southern Methodist University.

“I look forward to the challenges that will come with my new role as President of Transitions, as well as the opportunities and successes that lie ahead for our company and our partners,” said Craig. “I intend to support the products and programs that we have in place, while exploring new areas of innovation that will expand the application of our technology and the advancement of healthy sight.”

About Transitions

Transitions Optical, headquartered in Pinellas Park, was the first to successfully commercialize a plastic photochromic lens in 1990. As the leading provider of photochromics to optical manufacturers, Transitions Optical offers the most advanced photochromic technology in the widest selection of lens designs and materials.

Transitions Optical’s core product line, Transitions® lenses, are the #1- recommended photochromic lenses worldwide. As higher-performing everyday lenses, Transitions lenses change from clear indoors to sunglass dark outdoors in proportion to the intensity of UV light. Transitions Optical also offers several special-purpose lenses that change from a tinted state indoors to a darker state outdoors when activated by UV light. These lenses are marketed as Activated by Transitions™.

Transitions Optical has manufacturing operations in Pinellas Park; Tuam, Ireland; Laguna, Philippines; Sumare, Brazil and Chonburi, Thailand. Sales offices are located in Cambridge, Canada and nine other countries.

For more information about the company and Transitions lenses, the first to earn the American

Optometric Association’s Seal of Acceptance for Ultraviolet Absorbers/Blockers, visit Transitions.com or contact Transitions Optical Customer Service at (800) 848-1506 (United States) or (877) 254-2590 (Canada).

Susan English or Courtney Myers

Euro RSCG Worldwide PR

(412) 456-4300

or

Mary O’Hara

Transitions Optical, Inc.

(727) 545-0400 ext. 7431