Sign in to follow this  
philiph

Is it safe for a diabetic patient to undergo lasik eye surgery?

Hi, My name is Philip. I am 40 years old. I am a huge lover of chocolates and pastries. From my childhood itself, I have been eating a lot of sweets. I used to eat chocolates every day after my lunch and dinner. My mom always gave me warning that we had a family history of diabetes. But I really didn't care about that back then. 
Every month I used to visit the hospital for regular check-ups. During one of the regular checkups, the doctor informed me that I am diabetic. He prescribed a lot of medicines and warned me not to have sugar. I was shocked and worried after hearing that. I have been taking medicines for diabetes for more than 10 years. I stopped eating sweets. Nowadays, I began experiencing blurred and misty vision. Driving at night becomes harder for me. I consulted the doctor, and he said two possibilities: 1) side effect of diabetic medicine or 2) diabetic cataract. He referred me to an ophthalmologist. After examining, the ophthalmologist said that I am diagnosed with diabetic cataract. 
I searched different blogs regarding different surgeries. My friend suggested me a Lasik eye surgery. His mother has undergone this surgery from a clinic in Austin. I’m planning to take an appointment from the same clinic. Has anyone here with diabetes undergone the eye surgery? Please share your views. Thanking you.