Sign in to follow this  
hetcher16

Do Glasses make vision worse?

Do or can glasses and contacts make vision worse than without? It seems like they would cause the eyes to become dependent on the glasses or contacts and then worsen. It this completely false? I had horrible vision on an eye exam in '97, but I can still read, drive, and see good enough, not great, and I have never worn glasses or contacts.

No, I don't think so. If you are using eye glasses which are prescribed by your eye doctor, then it won't cause any harm to you. Usually, the power of eyeglasses is decided by the computer automated refractor according to the level of difficulties of the patient's vision. There are chances to increase the difficulty level, even after choosing the glass. In such conditions, the ophthalmologist will increase the power of the glasses. This is not because of using glasses, it completely depends on your eyes. But there are some practical difficulties in using eyeglasses, so I'm planning to get lens implants for vision correction with the help of an expert eye doctor. If you are not comfortable with your eye glasses then, you can opt alternative solutions like implants. Staying untreated would be not good for your eyes. All the best.

Agreed with Fayemdin32 if you using eye glasses prescribed by your doctor then it won't cause any harm to your eye vision and also staying untreated would be not good for your eyes.So you must consult with any experienced doctor.