Sign in to follow this  
Leo Hadley Jr

Trivex

My company is preparing the lab to process Trivex, Can anyone tell me what to expect?

all i know is that you will need to change your wheels on your edgers!!!

all i know is that you will need to change your wheels on your edgers!!!

15[/snapback]

I already changed my wheels but still need to add software on my step one blocker and change my blade and settings on the sgx generator.

I was wondering about actually processing the lens. I heard that it can melt in the generator

I really dont know about the surface side of tirvex but i can find out and let you know.

I believe you process trivex as you would poly for edging purposes also on the surface side treat as you would poly though i'm not sure about times on the cylinder machines

My company is preparing the lab to process Trivex, Can anyone tell me what to expect?

3[/snapback]

Trivex is the same as poly, as far as processing. Justmake sure you fine and polish cold. It is a great material once you get down the process and work out the bugs.

I have never surfaced trivex, but i have finished and drilled it. Its a good material. A bit pricey though. It seems to be a hard sell. I am very happy with a 1.0 poly and a premium hydrophobic a/r coating.

Our Company has just started to use Trivex,,,,,We have In-Store Labs and we have our "corporate" Lab that does Surfacing and drill mounts, etc. They say we cannot edge Trivex in our In-Store Labs, they'll have to be done at our Corporate Lab,,,,,If it's just a Polycarbonate material, why wouldnt we be able to edge them in the store??

How is the customer feedback on this lens?

78[/snapback]

I cannot tell you what the customers think, I am a wholesale man. But i definately Love drilling them. My finished product is beautiful.

I've edged,drilled and tinted quite a bit of Trivex. A bit hard on the edger wheels, (keep them clean.) I use the ACR (acrylic) setting or some edgers have the TRX setting. It polishes nicely. Also drilling is very nice. The tinting is faster and color comes out truer, more like uncoated cr39 than poly or hi index. good luck