Sign in to follow this  
Razor

Experienced opinions please

I'm considering buying one (or possibly two) of three edgers.

ME1000 Nidek. Ice 9000 blocker and rd100

Kappa CTD

Briot Alta NX and LX tracer. This is a very new machine, so their may be no experience yet, but how has the Briot gear been in the past?

Any advice helpful as to your experiences with any of these edgers. I'm looking for the good and the bad.

Razor said:

I'm considering buying one (or possibly two) of three edgers.

ME1000 Nidek. Ice 9000 blocker and rd100

The ME1000 Is an excellent product, another fine machine from nidek.

Kappa CTD

Again, this is a great product however, it is geared toward very high production labs. You can intergrate this machine into a full service surface/finish lab. There has been some backorder issues on parts which can be a problem.

Briot Alta NX and LX tracer. This is a very new machine, so their may be no experience yet, but how has the Briot gear been in the past?

Any advice helpful as to your experiences with any of these edgers. I'm looking for the good and the bad.

The new Briot is impressive but you are right, I cannot give you an experienced opinion. I can however tell you that the Briot machines of the past are notorious for having problems, However the customer support is top notch quality over all the manufacturers.

That being said........

I can give you better advice if I knew your space requirements, experience of staff, number of jobs per day, Frame types you carry..etc...etc....

The number one problem I have with all of the above machines is The Price $$$$$$. You could get a Cadillac instead. These machines do not drive you home from work at night. Why dont you consider a previous model of these manufacturers complete with the same warrantees and better service?

There is nothing the above machines cannot do that a Santinelli LE 7070 , GROOVER, HANDSTONE AND DRILL Can do. And you can get 4 edgers for the price of one.

When you spend 50-60K for a machine, you will never pay it off before you have to upgrade it in four years because you have no warrantee and the parts and labor are very expensive.

You can contact me anytime for details

Thank You :D

I have played a lot on the KAPPA CTD and what I can say thet it is beautie to work with. Extremely fast and accurate. I'm not very sure about the nidek but if you can spend the money I would bet my money on the KAPPA

Edited by WECO_MAN