Sign in to follow this  
JBHOD

Patients requesting PD for internet Glasses Purchase

I think most offices have probably noticed more and more patients requesting their PD measurement in order to purchase glasses on the internet.

I havn't ever though it was anything to worrie about but now we have about half our patients wanting their PD I assume to purchase glasses on the internet.

Do other offices charge for this? Plus if the patient returns wanting their internet frames adjusted I was curious how other offices handle that?

Explain to the the patient that its a $40 professional service charge that includes the PD and an invitation for them to come back to you for a professional fitting of their new internet glasses and confirmation that they were made accurate. You are helping the patient and they will always come back to you.

Price varies per area

Yes, more and more customers do purchases online...but I guess that will stop soon...as many of them are really unsatisfied with what they get! just have a look at their complaints!

Actually I hear that online optical purchases are growing every year and a good percentage of that growth is REPEAT business.

Online opticals grow because of their low price. B&M opticals must formulate a way to compete onprice. It would seem that customers do not veiw our skills worth the price difference...comment?

Its actually true that people now depend a lot more on internet for purchasing. But i think now people are more attracted to contact lenses rather than wearing glasses. The new custom made lenses like the Intraocular lenses can be used which are user friendly. I had cataract Surgery by a markham eye doctor, he suggest me to use it and i am really fine with it.

I believe you can charge your professional fee for giving them their PD and also for the adjustment of their frames. And another thing, since you've experiences a lot of your patients who consider buying their glasses through the internet, why not considers it too? You can make a fan page or a website where your patients can order their pair of eyeglasses online.