Sign in to follow this  
hyperoptic1982

Introduce myself

Hi everyone, I wanted to just take the time to say Hi, my name is Kurt and Ive been an Optician for 7 or 8 years now, I live in North Carolina and am a student pilot, and avid target shooter (by avid I mean I try when I can, and Im far from the top of the heap as far as skill) Now I do travel a lot for my current position so you might see posts from me at all random times day and night! I know this is the no shop talk forum but I do want to let everyone know that I work for IOT (the freeform designer)so I dont get to practice opticianry as much as I would like and will be scouring this forum to live vicariously through all of you!

Hi everyone, I wanted to just take the time to say Hi, my name is Kurt and Ive been an Optician for 7 or 8 years now, I live in North Carolina and am a student pilot, and avid target shooter (by avid I mean I try when I can, and Im far from the top of the heap as far as skill) Now I do travel a lot for my current position so you might see posts from me at all random times day and night! I know this is the no shop talk forum but I do want to let everyone know that I work for IOT (the freeform designer)so I dont get to practice opticianry as much as I would like and will be scouring this forum to live vicariously through all of you!

Hi Kurt, nice to see you here. I hung up my PD stick about 5 or 6 years ago when freeform was still a new idea. I dont know a lot about it, and think I would be lost in a lab nowadays. I recently ordered a pair of freeform progs and I must say, they are the best lenses I have ever worn.