Fezz

Can the 3 O's get along?

Is it possible for the 3 O's to co-exist under the same roof without resentment, lack of respect, jealousy, fear?

Wouldn't this be the ideal optical practice?

Why?

Why not?

Share your experiences and opinions. Also, share your ideas on how to make it happen!

I like all the O's

Can two O's exist without the other? I think if you take out any O, the patient would suffer. They have to get along for the good of the industry.

Boy, have we degenerated from our early history. All the "O"s have contributed to bring us to the current technological advances. For our respective interests and knowledge to advance we have to continue to share knowledge. We are like a large family, common interests, fighting for the common good but unable to agree to tolerate our differences. Knee jerk prejudices, invective, narrow minded views & opinions will only serve to keep us from advancing for the good of our patients. When there is new technology, new knowledge & new invention we don't ask which "O" is behind it, we just use it & enjoy the benefits for our patients.

Many of us are behaving like kids with "cliques" excluding & bad mouthing those who don't belong. This is not intelligent, educated adult behaviour. I read some of the postings in the various forums with amazement.....invective directed at each "O" as a group. There is no such thing as an inferior or evil class or group of people.....within each group there exists all types. This type of group prejudice has no place within our "family"

We all interact with one another, let's think before indulging in unnecessary prejudicial badmouthing. It has unfortunately become the norm to lose all sense of manners and civility when disagreeing. Shouting & insulting is no way to find solutions to our problems. We need each other for this industry to survive & thrive......"A house divided WILL fall. Time to stick together and watch each other's backs, not stab each other's backs.

Boy, have we degenerated from our early history. All the "O"s have contributed to bring us to the current technological advances. For our respective interests and knowledge to advance we have to continue to share knowledge. We are like a large family, common interests, fighting for the common good but unable to agree to tolerate our differences. Knee jerk prejudices, invective, narrow minded views & opinions will only serve to keep us from advancing for the good of our patients. When there is new technology, new knowledge & new invention we don't ask which "O" is behind it, we just use it & enjoy the benefits for our patients.

Many of us are behaving like kids with "cliques" excluding & bad mouthing those who don't belong. This is not intelligent, educated adult behaviour. I read some of the postings in the various forums with amazement.....invective directed at each "O" as a group. There is no such thing as an inferior or evil class or group of people.....within each group there exists all types. This type of group prejudice has no place within our "family"

We all interact with one another, let's think before indulging in unnecessary prejudicial badmouthing. It has unfortunately become the norm to lose all sense of manners and civility when disagreeing. Shouting & insulting is no way to find solutions to our problems. We need each other for this industry to survive & thrive......"A house divided WILL fall. Time to stick together and watch each other's backs, not stab each other's backs.

So..do you believe that the three O's can exist in harmony?

How can WE make a difference and better our collective situations?

So..do you believe that the three O's can exist in harmony?

How can WE make a difference and better our collective situations?

Actually one on one most of us do get along. It's the global mistrust of the other O we have to fight against. We are busy with our own practice day to day, that is where it starts. We have to choose our words more carefully with our own patients. I work for an MD, we have OD referrals, our Rx's go out to Opticians & OD's. We have a respectful congenial relationship in our community.

The greater picture may be more of the same.....or not. Maybe the only voices we are hearing are the loudmouths who may be a minority. The majority may not be speaking up. The divide may not be as great as we think

I don't have the answer to the greater picture.

Very well said,

Its funny, I was just thinking about early in my career. I dont remember any animosity between the Os. In fact, it was just the opposite. Can it be a product of the internet age? Its impossible to read body language and tone through text on a monitor.

Is it possible for the 3 O's to co-exist under the same roof without resentment, lack of respect, jealousy, fear?

Wouldn't this be the ideal optical practice?

Why?

Why not?

Share your experiences and opinions. Also, share your ideas on how to make it happen!

What are your thoughts?

What are your thoughts?

Can we get along? It's no longer a question of can but rather the fact that we must to ensure that the patients we care for are cared for properly and professionally. Any time we buy into negative rhetoric, we propel it forward. After so many years in the business, I simply don't have the time or the inclination to deal with nitwits of any profession. We help our professions when we have the internal fortitude to walk away from the people or organizations who want to continue dividing us.

Can we get along? It's no longer a question of can but rather the fact that we must to ensure that the patients we care for are cared for properly and professionally. Any time we buy into negative rhetoric, we propel it forward. After so many years in the business, I simply don't have the time or the inclination to deal with nitwits of any profession. We help our professions when we have the internal fortitude to walk away from the people or organizations who want to continue dividing us.

I would add that we have the opportunity in this relatively new forum to expand the civil conversation we so desperately need.

I would add that we have the opportunity in this relatively new forum to expand the civil conversation we so desperately need.

I'm not sure where everyone is on this forum......we're talking to an empty room :(

I'm not sure where everyone is on this forum......we're talking to an empty room :(

Could be...oh well. How ya doin'?

Very well said Judy!

There is so much in-fighting and negative rhetoric from all sides! Your crabs in the bucket analogy is so true!

What crabs in the bucket?? What did I miss?

It's just a saying. Crabs in a bucket will crawl all over each other to get to the top.

Its difficult. All are wanting to dispense eyewear. That makes competition not colleagues. Your thoughts...