websta

anti-slip coating for super hydrophobic

Hi,

Is there anyone with information on how we can apply a anti-slip coating over our superhydrophobic coated lenses? Or if there is any blocking pad that can assist with this problem. So far we tested Essilor and Weco pads, which come out the best.

Our waste due to them slipping in the machines is beyond a joke.

Any in formation would be appreciated.

Hi,

Is there anyone with information on how we can apply a anti-slip coating over our superhydrophobic coated lenses? Or if there is any blocking pad that can assist with this problem. So far we tested Essilor and Weco pads, which come out the best.

307[/snapback]

I can give you some good advice to avoid slippage depending on what machine you are using. First of all, I recommend that you make sure your wheels are sharp. Dull wheels cause undo stress on the lens and can cause slippage and other problems. As far as leap pads i highly recomend Phantom leap pads or 3M leap pads. They cost a little more but are well worth the price. Dont be fooled by a thick sticky pad. The thickness will actually cause the twist and slippage.

Please tell us what kind of edger you are using I'm sure someone has either used the same machine or has used it and we can tell you how we solved the problem.

Good Luck,

Dan

There is a company called Optisource that had made a pad especially for AR. It is called Crimson King Blocking pads. Of course you also needs to look at what the other said about worn wheels, blocks, chuck pads and main motor belt issues.

Hi all,

We use the weco 890 automatic edgers. We have tried the 3M pad, but did not find it that good. Maybe being downunder they would send us second hand inferior goods??

Our best so far has been the Essilor intermediate pads. I also think the superhydrophobic pill has some bearing on the outcome. Perhaps the one we use is extremely slippery.

Thanks for the help so far, and further suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Please tell us what kind of edger you are using I'm sure someone has either used the same machine or has used it and we can tell you how we solved the problem.

Good Luck,

Dan

312[/snapback]

Hi,

There are plastic stick on films, we call them footballs that can be placed between the lens and the leap pad on the front and also on the back side of the lens to prevent slipping whlle edging, also most pad companies are coming out with leap pads especially made for hydrophobic coated lenses. P.S, don't wipe then lens clean before blocking , it removes the surface tension on the ar coating. clean it well after edging.