Sign in to follow this  
TimeToMakeTheGlasses

E.V. 4.0

Just ran my first set of Eagle Vision 4.0 lenses today, and I must say I'm pleseantly surprised. I've worked with trivex lenses before, and found they came out a little on the wavy side, but so far so good. The patient absolutely loved them, so maybe E.C.C.A is finally on to something. I'm looking forward to making some more, and seeing the response from customers.

Jason

:Bow:

Hey finally trivex has made it to optical retail !! It is about time I figured LC would be the first to try it since it has such a great profit margin . Yeah for ECCA !! Finnaly someone beat them to it

Just ran my first set of Eagle Vision 4.0 lenses today, and I must say I'm pleseantly surprised. I've worked with trivex lenses before, and found they came out a little on the wavy side, but so far so good. The patient absolutely loved them, so maybe E.C.C.A is finally on to something. I'm looking forward to making some more, and seeing the response from customers.

Jason

:Bow:

241[/snapback]

If I never run another trivex lens again I wouldn't miss it. I don't know which Generator and edger you have but I can tell you the blades for the SGX have taken a beating trying to cut this material. If the blade isn't really really really sharp they melt the lens. I have had more blades break trying to cut these lenses than ever before and it's not my chiller cause it's working perfectly. These blades aren't cheap either....85.00 per blade!!! Thats crazy!!! Then my Triumph takes forever to cut the lens...it goes on and on and on and on......like that stupid bunny. Hey...just had to add my 2 cents...now I'm broke...lol...have a good one!!!

If I never run another trivex lens again I wouldn't miss it.  I don't know which Generator and edger you have but I can tell you the blades for the SGX have taken a beating trying to cut this material.  If the blade isn't really really really sharp they melt the lens.  I have had more blades break trying to cut these lenses than ever before and it's not my chiller cause it's working perfectly.  These blades aren't cheap either....85.00 per blade!!! Thats crazy!!!  Then my Triumph takes forever to cut the lens...it goes on and on and on and on......like that stupid bunny.  Hey...just had to add my 2 cents...now I'm broke...lol...have a good one!!!

278[/snapback]

Maybe you have to play with your cutter speed and feed rate. Just a thought since i have no experience on the sgx/trivex. :GeddyFinal:

Maybe you have to play with your cutter speed and feed rate. Just a thought since i have no experience on the sgx/trivex. :GeddyFinal:

280[/snapback]

your funny!! I've tried almost everything from adding thickness to the blanks to speed.....I HATE TRIVEX!!! (Almost as much as I hate you know who...lol)

What blades are you running on your SGX ? Have you tried to call Gerber-Coburn and asking them why your having a rather large problem cutting Trivex ? If anyone has any answers for you it should be them . Let us know how it turns out .

GOOD LUCK

Dan

Electro-Voice is pleased to announce the release of IRIS-Net V2.4.0 control and configuration software. Following a second-to-none presence at InfoComm 2010, including the launch of the new Dx46 FIR-Drive loudspeaker process and the DM-1 Dante audio network card for NetMax, the latest generation of IRIS-Net software has been launched.